Recipe by carolinafan
Great for parties or a late night snack.
Top Review by gruntlady
my goodness this is GOOD love the flaver the worcestershire gives to it~~~~~~not strong but definayly a taste of it... did not have ham ..thought I did BUT nope.. so instead I used a can of hormel ham (in the can like tuna comes in) so I have it all prepared to take with me later this afternoon will put it in the loaf just before leaving..had some on a Ritz cracker..very very yummy I am loving this!!!!! OH & I DID add the parsley VERY nice touch.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 1 (1 lb) round sourdough loaf
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine sour cream, cream cheese, onions and Worcestershire sauce; cook and stir over low heat until blended.
- Add cheese and ham; cook and stir until cheese is melted and ham is heated through.
- Cut off top of loaf; carefully hollow out top and bottom, leaving a 1/2-inch shell.
- Cut bread into cubes.
- Pour dip into shell; sprinkle with parsley if desired.
- Serve with bread cubes.