This is a delicious dish with flavorful ground beef and a creamy, cheese sauce.
Make and share this Creamy Smothered Ground Beef Burritos recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 12 flour tortillas (burrito size)
- shredded lettuce
- diced tomato
- chopped onion
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef, until the beef browned. While beef is browning, mix together in a small bowl, the chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt pepper and cornstarch. After beef is browned, sprinkle the seasoning mix over the beef and mix well. Stir in water and simmer until water has evaporated, about 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together sour cream, cream of chicken soup, green chilies and cheese.
- Mix about half of the cheese mixture with the ground beef. Divide the meat mixture evenly between tortillas and roll up. Place in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Repeat for each tortilla. Spoon remaining cheese mixture over the top of the tortillas.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes then serve with desired garnish.
These burritos were really different. I loved the sour cream, cheese, soup mixture. This dinner was a hit.
I actually used the recipe to make a burrito seasoning mix, so I never tried any of the creamy parts of the recipe. I love the combination of spicy and savory, plus cornstarch. Very tasty! :)