1/2 Photos of Creamy Smooth Body and Hand Cream
Chef #248023 inspired me to make this after I made her Body Butter Whip. Shea butter is known for its cosmetic properties as a moisturizer and emollient. As well as an anti-inflammatory agent. Shea butter can be effective at treating the following conditions: fading scars, eczema, burns, rashes, acne, severely dry skin, blemishes, dark spots, skin discolorations, chapped lips, stretchmarks, wrinkles and in lessening the irritation of psoriasis. Also provides natural UV sun protection but don't rely on it as a sunscreen because it filters out only little amounts of UV rays. Shea butter absorbs rapidly into the skin without leaving a greasy feeling. It can be bought on line.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces unrefined shea butter (softened in microwave or double boiler)
- 1/4 ounce cocoa butter (softened in microwave or double boiler)
- 6 ounces almond oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 fluid ounce essential oil
- 1Place lots of ice in a large bowl and place a metal bowl on the ice.
- 2Mix the ingredients together in the metal bowl.
- 3Sprinkle the cornstarch over the oils.
- 4Whip with an electric hand mixer (not a stand mixer) and continue to beat.
- 5Adding in the essential oils desired.
- 6Continue to beat until light, fluffy thick and cool.
- 7Place in a glass jar, store out of sunlight and use as needed.
Browse Our Top Bath/Beauty Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bath/Beauty Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Smooth Body and Hand Cream
Serving Size: 1 (7 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 65.6
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: