Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Comfort food. Great for potlucks. Make it in a crockpot or oven. The key to the smoky flavor is the smoked paprika, so please don't skip it. Use 1/4 - 1/2 tsp according to how "smoky" you'd like it.
- 1 (2 lb) bag frozen shredded hash browns, THAWED
- 1 cup chopped green onion, white and light green parts
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut up
- 2 cups reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup reduced-fat milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika, start low, can always add more
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- cooking spray
- CROCK POT:.
- Spray your crock pot with cooking spray.
- Place all ingredients in the sprayed crock pot. Stir well.
- Put on lid and cook on low for about 6 - 7 hours or on high for 3 - 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray a 13 x 9 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 45-55 minutes.
Very good. I made it in a casserole dish and it was a little dry, maybe add more milk? I could not really taste the smoked paprika (I used a little over 1/2 teaspoon), but it was very good.