Top Review by sofie-a-toast
Great, original and well-balanced recipe! I ended up doubling it for a large group and was slightly shocked at the huge amount it made. However this was so tasty we went through it all!
- 1⁄2 lb fettuccine pasta (or use a double batch of Homemade Noodles for 2)
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh spinach, torn
- 1 tomatoes, seeded and cut
- 1⁄2 cup smoked salmon, broken into little pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 10 to 15 min or until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile melt the butter in a large skillet and add onion, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Cook over medium heat until onions are translucent. Reduce heat to low and add in milks, cheeses, and basil and stir over low heat until smooth and creamy about 10 to 15 minutes. Add smoked salmon and spinach and toss until heated through. Add cooked pasta and tomatoes and toss to combine. Add a bit of starchy pasta water if needed to make the sauce a good consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.