Prep 45 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 4 cups broad egg noodles or 4 cups shell noodles
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped or 1 clove garlic, crushed, finely chopped
- 8 ounces smoked salmon (250 g)
- 4 whole green onions
- 1 cup sour cream (250-mL container) or 1 cup light sour cream ((250-mL container)(I use no fat with success))
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- white pepper, Freshly ground (I use black, it doesn't look as pretty but does the job)
- Cook the pasta.
- Drain but do not rinse. Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large frying pan.
- Add the shallots and saute=E9 for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the salmon into thin bite-size pieces (I use thick bite sized pieces) and slice the green onions; set aside. Then, whisk the sour cream, Dijon and pepper into the sauted shallots.
- Remove from the heat and immediately stir into the drained cooked pasta.
- Add the salmon and green onions and toss.
- Serve hot or as a cold pasta salad.
- The flavour becomes fuller with a day's refrigeration.
- If it's not creamy enough after being chilled, simply stir in more sour cream.
I didn't love, it was alright but not the taste sensation I was expecting. Felt it was missing something, not sure entirely what.
This was a HUGE hit in my home! My 6 year old and my super picky 4 year old adore this recipe. Unfortunatly I drop the green onions, so we didn't have those in the dish, and I used shallots and garlic.We also used baked salmon instead of smoked, but it was still great. I will be using this frequently since we live in the pacific north west and salmon is everywhere!