Recipe by Little Red Bug
This is a great mashed potato recipe. It has less fat and calories than my usual, but tastes just as good. (Because the Yukon potatoes have more natural flavor.)
- 4 cups yukon gold potatoes (cubed. about 2 lbs)
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons chives (freshly chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (freshly ground tastes better)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place your potatoes in a saucepan. cover with water.
- Bring to a boil; cover. Reduce heat. Simmer 10 minutes or until tender.
- Drain potatoes and return them to the pan.
- Add milk and remaining ingredients.
- Mash with a potato masher to desired consistency.