Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This dish is best served soon as it is cooked as it will turn lumpy. Make certain to use a heavy-bottomed saucepan for this! Use any type of tiny pasta for this
- 5 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 10 ounces tiny pasta (use alphabet or similar size)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (can use more to taste)
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- In a large heavy-bottomed saucepan bring the milk and whipping cream to a boil.
- Add in the tiny pasta and cook over med-low heat, stirring constantly until at-dente, and the milk/cream is thickened to a creamy consistancy (this should take about 10-12 minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir in the eggs, Parmesan cheese, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
We made this as a side for dinner tonight. It was ok but we all felt it was lacking something, I will play a bit if I make this again.
This is a nice pasta recipe that I think could be used as a side or main dish. I made it tonight for a special Valentine's Day dinner for my DH using orzo pasta. Whisked the mixture while slowly adding the egg mixture and did add more cheese. Thanks sweetie for posting!