Prep 3 mins
Cook 15 mins
I came up with this one night when I only had time to saute some squash but wanted a cheesy casserole feeling.
- 29.58 ml butter
- 78.07 ml diced onion, I used frozen chopped onions
- 2 medium yellow squash, sliced into half-moons
- 56.69 g cream cheese
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Melt butter and saute onions.
- When onions start to brown, add squash (reduce heat to medium-low if necessary to prevent onions from burning - you want them caramelized, not burnt). Saute squash until soft but not mushy.
- Remove from heat and add cream cheese. Stir until melted.
- Salt and pepper to taste.