Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
You can partially cook the potatoes and set aside. At dinner time, complete recipe in a skillet. Cooktime does not include preboiling. These potatoes are so good!
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix (dry)
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Boil potatoes until slightly tender.
- In a large cooking skillet over medium heat, brown onions with potatoes in butter.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer just until sauce thickens.
We tried really hard to like these, but they just didn't hit the spot. In their favour, they were simple to make, but I found there was way too much sauce for 4 potatoes, and we didn't enjoy the texture of that sauce in our mouths. Although I was careful, I think it may have curdled a little-it was quite "grainy". Sorry marie.