This is a nice creamy one dish meal. Have bread on hand to sop up any remaining sauce. Um yummy!
Make and share this Creamy Skillet Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 1⁄2 cups mafalda pasta
- 1 (12 ounce) container cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh or dried
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Combine tomato sauce, olive oil, sugar, ital.
- seasoning, salt, pepper, cinnamon, garlic.
- Cook over med.
- low heat while browning ground beef in seperate pan.
- Drain beef and add to sauce.
- Stir add water and pasta.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cover.
- Cook for about 12-15 minutes.
- Or until noodles are very close to done.
- Mix cottage cheese, sour cream, parmesan and parsley.
- Mix half of mixture into pan, stir well.
- Drop remaining mixture in spoonfuls over top.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and cook about 5 minutes until cheese has melted.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
Easy weeknight meal. Very creamy. I substituted 28 oz jar of spaghetti sauce for the sauce called for in this recipe, (didn't have any tomato sauce on hand). I also stuck the skillet in the oven to brown the cheese a little. Kids cleaned their plates, and the leftovers were great for lunch the next day. Thanks for sharing!
I used sweet italian turkey sausage and it was a little too sweet for me. Next time I will use hot or hamburger. Otherwise it was certainly creamy and cheesy and a nice comforting meal on a cold rainy day.
Easy, but I made it even easier by replacing the sauce with a jar of Classico Four Cheese sauce. I also used about 3/4 lb of ground italian sausage instead of the ground beef and ricotta instead of cottage cheese. This turned out fantastic. I will definitely make it again!