Nurse Rain's Note:
This is a nice easy meal. Most of the ingredients I have on hand. Serve with salad and crusty bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 -8 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- garlic powder
- black pepper
- onion salt or celery salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1 cup cubed ham (optional)
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon bits (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chopped broccoli (optional)
- 1In a large dutch oven or saucepan put potatoes, carrot and onions.
- 2Sprinkle with salt.
- 3Fill with enough water to cover and boil uncovered on medium high until most of the water is gone and potatoes are tender.
- 4Add the can of chicken broth and mash with potato masher until thick but slightly chunky.
- 5Stir in mushroom soup, and season to taste with spices.
- 6Add any optional ingredients, and warm through.
- 7Serve hot with salad and bread for a nice winter lunch.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Simple Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (620 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.8
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 763.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 9.6 g