Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a nice easy meal. Most of the ingredients I have on hand. Serve with salad and crusty bread.
- 6 -8 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- garlic powder
- black pepper
- onion salt or celery salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1 cup cubed ham (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup cooked bacon bits (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chopped broccoli (optional)
- In a large dutch oven or saucepan put potatoes, carrot and onions.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Fill with enough water to cover and boil uncovered on medium high until most of the water is gone and potatoes are tender.
- Add the can of chicken broth and mash with potato masher until thick but slightly chunky.
- Stir in mushroom soup, and season to taste with spices.
- Add any optional ingredients, and warm through.
- Serve hot with salad and bread for a nice winter lunch.
Absolutely delicious! I use a handful of fresh parsley, bacon, and cheese, and it was simply marvelous, and so easy!
Made for PAC, Spring 2007 ~ Here's a very nice bowl or two of 'Great Comfort!' I used cream of vegetable soup instead of mushroom, & omitted the salt 'cause I opted for some bacon bits that I had left over, as well as some chopped broccoli! A nice tasting soup, here, & thanks for posting!