Recipe by Happy Hippie
In my search for diabetic casserole dishes, I found this tasty-sounding recipe in a Diabetic Cooking magazine. I haven't prepared it yet, so if you get to it before I do, please share your opinions in the review process.
- 10 1⁄4 ounces cream of celery soup, reduced-fat
- 1 lb shrimp, shelled and deveined (use fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup asparagus, cut diagnally into 1-inch pieces (use fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine soup, shrimp, asparagus, mushrooms, green onions, bell pepper, garlic, thyme and black pepper in large bowl, mix well.
- Place in prepared baking dish.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes. Serve over orzo or rice.