Recipe by redwine
A creamy tortellini salad that's fit to serve company. I came up with this on an extremely warm day when I wanted to prepare dinner early and serve something cool. This can be adjusted according to amounts or type herbs you prefer.You can substitute chicken for the shrimp.Reduce fat by using low fat mayo and sour cream. Serve this one with a green salad and a glass of your favorite white wine.Cook time is prep and chill time
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
This was really tasty. The fresh herbs in the dressing really added a lot of oomph. I used whole wheat cheese tortellini, which were fine. I think I would also like to play with the amounts of the sour cream and mayonnaise because the dressing didn't seem quite as creamy as I would have liked. But I will be playing with it, because I loved the flavors enough to want to try again. Thanks for sharing this. Made for Spring PAC 2010.
- 1 (9 ounce) package tortellini (I used the chicken and proscuitto filled)
- 1⁄2 lb peeled & cooked cocktail shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated fresh grated style parmesan cheese
- garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Mix together sour cream, mayonnaise, basil and chives. Stir in lemon pepper and garlic powder and salt.
- Add sour cream dressing mixture to the cooked tortellini and shrimp. Gently toss.
- Chill at least 2 hours.