Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Inspired by a Woman's Day recipe, these shrimp rolls are perfect summer food. Easy, fresh and impressive. I like to buy fresh shrimp and prep it myself (peel, de-vein, cook in boiling water for 2 mins), but you can make these even easier (and no-cook) by using pre-cooked shrimp. Hot dog buns will do, but brioche buns take 'em to the next level.
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1⁄4 cup cornichon, chopped, plus leftover brine (French pickles)
- 1 lb cooked large shrimp, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 4 hot dog buns
- 4 ounces mixed greens
- kosher salt & fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, brine and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Add the shrimp, cornichons and tarragon and toss to combine. Add salt and pepper as needed.
- Line the buns with the lettuce and top with the shrimp mixture.