Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Cut out the extra butter and save time by using precooked salad shrimp.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked white rice
- 1⁄4 cup softened butter, divided use
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided use
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine rice, half the softened butter, the parsley, pimiento, onion, salt and a little less than 1/3 of the pepper; mix well.
- Press evenly around the sides and bottom of a 10-inch pie plate.
- In a medium, heavy skillet over medium heat, melt remaining butter; add cook shrimp and cook, stirring frequently, until pink, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Spoon shrimp into the rice crust.
- In the same skillet, combine cream of mushroom soup, lemon juice and remaining pepper.
- Stir until smooth and thoroughly heated.
- Pour soup mixture over the shrimp and bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- Serve hot.