1/2 Photos of Creamy Shrimp Pasta Salad
Cinnamom in Illinois's Note:
Yummy and well suited for summer entertaining. The colors make the dish pretty, but it's healthy and filling, too. Made with fat-free mayo, you can't go wrong.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen cooked baby shrimp
- 1/2 lb small shell pasta (can also use ditalini or elbow macaroni)
- 1 stalk celery, without leaves, diced fine
- 1 small yellow sweet onion, diced fine
- 1/2 green pepper, cored, seeded, rinsed and diced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dill (2 teaspoons if using fresh)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1Put shrimp in colander and run under cool water to defrost.
- 2Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and run under cool water to stop cooking; drain again and place into large bowl.
- 3Add shrimp and all vegetables to the pasta and stir lightly to distribute colors evenly.
- 4In a separate medium-sized bowl, mix mayonnaise, spices and lemon juice. Whisk together to make a smooth dressing, and pour over pasta, shrimp and veggies.
- 5Stir gently to coat all ingredients, cover, and chill at least two hours.
- 6(If needed or wanted, a dollop or two more mayo may be added without changing other ingredients.).
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Shrimp Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 404.4
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 118.1 mg
- Sodium 358.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 20.1 g