Recipe by Cinnamom in Illinois
Yummy and well suited for summer entertaining. The colors make the dish pretty, but it's healthy and filling, too. Made with fat-free mayo, you can't go wrong.
Top Review by mama smurf
This was wonderful and easy! I didn't have any salad shrimp...somehow they disappeared...so I did cook up some frozen shrimp cut them in good chunks and sprinkled some roasted red pepper and garlic seasoning on them. I then tossed them in the salad and made as directed. Served with a half of a ham and cheese sandwich for lunch. Thank you! Made for Spring PAC 09.
- 1 (8 ounce) packagefrozen cooked baby shrimp
- 1⁄2 lb small shell pasta (can also use ditalini or elbow macaroni)
- 1 stalk celery, without leaves, diced fine
- 1 small yellow sweet onion, diced fine
- 1⁄2 green pepper, cored, seeded, rinsed and diced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dill (2 teaspoons if using fresh)
- 1 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Put shrimp in colander and run under cool water to defrost.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and run under cool water to stop cooking; drain again and place into large bowl.
- Add shrimp and all vegetables to the pasta and stir lightly to distribute colors evenly.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, mix mayonnaise, spices and lemon juice. Whisk together to make a smooth dressing, and pour over pasta, shrimp and veggies.
- Stir gently to coat all ingredients, cover, and chill at least two hours.
- (If needed or wanted, a dollop or two more mayo may be added without changing other ingredients.).