Recipe by AmyZoe
I made this with regular milk and skipped the cheese, but it was still to-die- for. Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home Contest Winning Annual Recipes 2009 and Cora Robin of St. Bernard, Louisiana.
- 16 ounces egg noodles
- 2 onions (medium, chopped)
- 1 green pepper (medium, chopped)
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp (uncooked, peeled, and deveined)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 8 ounces processed cheese, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, saute the onions, green pepper, celery, and garlic in butter until tender.
- Stir in flour until blended.
- Gradually stir in cream.
- Bring to a boil and cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat and add shrimp, jalapeno pepper, and parley.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- Stir in cheese and cook 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Stir in the noodles and heat through.