I made this with regular milk and skipped the cheese, but it was still to-die- for. Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home Contest Winning Annual Recipes 2009 and Cora Robin of St. Bernard, Louisiana.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces egg noodles
- 2 onions (medium, chopped)
- 1 green pepper (medium, chopped)
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1 1/2 lbs shrimp (uncooked, peeled, and deveined)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 8 ounces processed cheese, cubed
- 1Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- 2In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, saute the onions, green pepper, celery, and garlic in butter until tender.
- 3Stir in flour until blended.
- 4Gradually stir in cream.
- 5Bring to a boil and cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 6Reduce heat and add shrimp, jalapeno pepper, and parley.
- 7Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- 8Stir in cheese and cook 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- 9Stir in the noodles and heat through.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Shrimp Noodle Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 665.2
- Calories from Fat 344
- Total Fat 38.2 g
- Saturated Fat 22.6 g
- Cholesterol 252.6 mg
- Sodium 1149.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 28.8 g