Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Not for those on a diet, but a calorie filled lasagna thats a slice of heaven. My neighbour served this to me during the holidays and I asked her for the recipe. Some one notified me that this is a recipe from 2007 Chatalaine Magazine.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs peeled shrimp
- 3 cups pasta sauce
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cups smooth ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 3 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 12 -15 lasagna noodles
- Heat oven to 350. Place shrimp in a strainer and rince under cold water if you are using frozen shrimp. Pat dry and remove the tails.
- In a bowl stir the pasta sauce with the cream, basil and oregano. Taste and add more seasonings if needed.
- Stir ricotta with dill in a small bowl.
- Grate cheeses then stir together.
- Spread about 1/2 cup of sauce in the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan, top with 3-5 lasagna noodles,try not to overlap them.
- Spread 1/2 of the ricitta mixture.
- Cover with 1/2 of the tomatae sauce.
- Scatter 1/2 of the shrimp on top .
- Then comes 1/2 of the cheese over the shrimp.
- Put more noodles , then layer again .Ending whith a layer of noodles , the rest of the sauce and then topped with cheese.
- Baked uncovered in the centre of the onen until sauce is bubbly. Takes about 1 hour and let stand for 10 minute before serving.
- When you have finished your meal -- run around the block.
- This can be made a head just bake it for 30 minutes. Let cool ,.
- cover and refridgate overnight.
- Remove from fridge, uncover and let it come to room temperature 30 minute Reheat at 350 for 30-40 minute Cover loosely if it gets too brown around the edges.
WOW!!! What an easy and superb tasting lasagna. Never has lasagna been so easy to fix! I can't wait to try this with chicken, beef, or veggies. SOOOO good! Made for Zingo, ZWT4. (-: Thanks.
Delicious! It tastes like you put a ton of effort this dish, when in fact it is a snap to prep! I almost always have the ingredients on hand for this and will be making it again. I used fresh dill, basil, and oregano from my herb garden. I thought the Dill/Ricotta mixture was brilliant! The only tiny change I might make is to add a little galic and/or garlic salt. I would also like to try the addition of crab meat which another reviewer mentioned. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. P.S-. DH also gave you 2 thumbs up ! Made for Zingo ZWT4
"Make this again, Mom," said my 12yo son. "This is very good," added my husband, "the more I eat it, the more I like it." Even picky 3yo son declared it good! Thanks! Reviwed for Aus/NZ Recipe Swap 16