Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I created this dish when I needed to use up some frozen salad shrimp. Very yummy...and pretty.
- 1⁄2 lb vermicelli
- 1 lb frozen raw baby shrimp, cleaned and peeled (no tails)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 4 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Add frozen shrimp for the last 2-3 minutes of pasta cooking time.
- Drain pasta and shrimp.
- While pasta is cooking, prepare sauce.
- Melt butter with olive oil in pan.
- Saute shallots until tender, then add garlic and saute untl tender being careful not to burn.
- Add wine off heat and return pan to flame.
- Allow wine to come to a simmer and reduce a bit.
- Turn off heat and add cream cheese in chunks.
- Cover pan and allow cream cheese to melt.
- When cheese is melted, whisk into sauce to combine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine pasta, shrimp, sauce, scallions and tomato.
- Turn into a buttered casserole dish and top with grated cheddar.
- For OAMC freeze at this point.
- Thaw completely in fridge.
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Loved this. Made it with whole wheat spaghetti, fat free cream cheese, and 2% cheddar. Also added some feta. Very good.
This was delish and E-Z!!! I used Monteray Jack cheese cuz that's what I had on hand. I put in 5 cloves of garlic (we LOVE garlic) and spanish onions instead of scallions (didn't have scallions) I also topped it all off with some parm/romano cheese. YUMMMMM!! thanks for recipe!!
WOW, this was REALLY good. It took 2 days to thaw in the fridge but was worth the wait. Had to bake about 30 minutes. Next time, I will divide into 2 casseroles for the 2 of us since DS doesn't like shrimp. I followed the recipe but sprinkled with red pepper flakes to serve. Fantastic! Thank you.