Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe came from Dave's Dinners by Dave Lieberman. I use frozen shrimp instead of fresh and egg noodles (or whatever pasta I have on hand) instead of fettuccini. DELICIOUS!
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- black pepper (20 grinds)
- 1 lb peeled deveined shrimp
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- extra virgin olive oil
- Cook fettuccini in large pot of boiling, salted water until al dente, about 7 minutes.
- Toss pasta with some oil to keep it from sticking while you make the sauce.
- Combine cream, wine, garlic and black pepper in large skillet and bring to simmer over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Toss sauce with pasta and chopped parsley.
This was good and easy to make but it seemed like it was missing something. Made for Fall PAC 2007.
Quick meal to make, but way too bland. All three of us decided not to have this dish again. It was easy to make, but there was no flavor. There is no salt in this recipe, which makes me wonder if that was a typo. One of us took a few bites and then added some parmesan cheese to her plate to try to add some flavor, but it didn't work--still too bland. Won't make this recipe again. OTOH, his Dave's Dinners cookbook's recipes Farfalle with Garlic, Peas, and Bacon, Pan-Grilled Spicy Coconut Shrimp, and Chicken Breast Scaloppini with Lemon-Caper Sauce and Garlic-Sauteed Spinach were all outstanding.
This was yummy. I did put more Parsely in it for colour. Made for Pac Fall 2007.