Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very creamy and tasty. Every time I make this it becomes everyone's favorite and requested over and over. I don't really like dips but this one is addictive.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) can shrimp
- 1⁄2 onion
- garlic powder
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Put onion and drained shrimp in the bowl of a food processor and chop fine.
- Add cream cheese and blend well.
- Add mayonnaise to make it blend a little smoother.
- Add garlic powder and hot sauce.
- Remove from processor and put into a covered bowl in the refrigerator to chill.
- Serve with potato chips or crackers.
This was absolutely scrumptuous. We could not stop eating it. Good job margie
Margie, Guess everyone is spending a lot of time in front of the tv with this war going on,So was looking for something to eat in front of the tv, Found this and had some buttery crackers,so made it.It was a real winner, My husband almost eat it all.I had to fight him for some.(TRUELY) Thanks for a great recipe. Darlene Summers
I found the it had a very strong onion flavor which at first overwhelmed the taste of the shrimp. I added extra shrimp to the recipe and it tasted much better. I suggest that the 1/2 onion that the recipe calls for should be a very small onion. Other than that, it is a very good spread.