Recipe by Oolala
From a recent Family Circle, 2007. For a healthy option, surround the dip with endive leaves instead of crackers. Haven't tried it yet.
- 1 lb shrimp, cooked, finely chopped
- 8 ounces reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 teaspoons horseradish, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, snipped, plus more for garnish or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 heads endive
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium size bowl, combine sour cream, horseradish, ketchup, mayonnaise, salt, 2 tablespoons fresh dill, hot pepper sauce and pepper.
- Stir to combine; add shrimp and stir to mix thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 1 day.
- Trim bottoms off endive and remove leaves, cutting end as needed.
- Remove dip from refrigerator 30 minutes before serving; garnish with dill.
- Serve with endive.