Recipe by Manami
These make such a lovlely presentation! It looks beautiful and tastes divine. Pepperidge Farm web site.Very easy to prepare!
- 1 (10 ounce) packagepepperidge farm puff pastry shells
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup minced shallot
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Swanson chicken broth (Regular, or Natural Goodness or Certified Organic)
- 12 ounces shelled and deveined medium shrimp
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- hot pepper sauce, to taste (we used a couple of dashes)
- fresh cilantro leaves or fresh curly-leaf parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake the pastry shells according to the package directions.
- Remove from the baking sheet and cool on a wire rack.
- Heat the butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat;.add the shallots and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the flour and continue to cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Gradually stir the broth into the skillet and heat to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce the heat to low.
- Add the shrimp and corn to the skillet.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until the shrimp turn pink.
- Stir the cream, lemon juice and hot pepper sauce into the skillet and cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling.
- Season to taste.
- Sprinkle with cilantro or parsley.
- Divide the shrimp mixture among the pastry shells.
- **To make creamy shrimp, lobster & corn stew in shells; reduce the amount of shrimp to 8 ounces and add 4 ounces of diced, cooked lobster.