Air Force Mama's Note:
Adapted from Chaos in the Kitchen
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -8 ounces fettuccine or 4 -8 ounces linguine
- 10 tablespoons butter, divided
- 8 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped (you can use dried herbs if thatÃ s all you have)
- 2/3 cup boiling water (from your noodle pot)
- 1 lb cooked shrimp
- 1Boil and salt a large pot of water and cook your pasta.
- 2While your pasta is cooking, cook your shrimp if necessary and reserve. If your shrimp are pre-cooked and frozen, quickly thaw them under running water.
- 3In a large skillet melt 2 tbsp of butter over medium heat and saute mushrooms until soft and brown.
- 4Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Reserve cooked mushrooms and melt remaining butter in the skillet. Add minced garlic, cream cheese, and herbs.
- 6The cream cheese doesn’t really melt and starts to look almost curdled, don’t worry about it! It will all smooth out and be wonderful when we add the water. I promise.
- 7Simmer cream cheese mixture until well blended. Get a scoop of boiling pasta water from your noodle pot and mix it in, stirring quickly to smooth out the sauce.
- 8Keep sauce hot and add shrimp and mushrooms, mix well and simmer (stirring often) until everything is hot and thickened, about 10 minutes-you wont ruin this sauce by accidentally boiling it so don’t worry.
- 9Toss sauce with cooked noodles and serve.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Shrimp and Mushroom Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 587.2
- Calories from Fat 355
- Total Fat 39.5 g
- Saturated Fat 22.9 g
- Cholesterol 362.8 mg
- Sodium 1406.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 33.3 g