Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This dish uses a quick homemade alfredo sauce, which is tossed with pasta and shrimp. Delicious served with garlic bread and a garden salad.
- 1⁄2 lb linguine, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 1⁄2 lb uncooked deveined peeled medium shrimp
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, heat dressing in large skillet on medium heat.
- Add shrimp; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, adding garlic for the last minute.
- Remove shrimp with slotted spoon; set aside.
- Add cream cheese and broth to skillet; cook until cream cheese is completely melted, stirring frequently.
- Stir in shrimp and 3 tablespoons parmesan.
- Drain pasta.
- Add to skillet; toss to coat.
- Transfer to platter; sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese and parsley.
I found this recipe in my Kraft foods magazine and it is so good, especially to be so simple! I used Creamy Balsamic Vinaigrette and it was a little more pungent, but still delicious! We served with garlic bread and Caesar salad. Thanks so much for posting here!
I got this from the Kraft foods magazine and it is sinfully decadant! I used Italian Vinaigrette dressing because that is what I had on hand. I'll use this recipe again and again. Thanks for posting!