Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This creamy shepherds pie is delicious. My hubby loves it and calls it gourmet shepherds pie. Wonderful on a cold day!
- Brown hamburger with onion.
- Add cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, salt, pepper, mustard powder, and milk.
- Let simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Then in a 2 qt casserole dish layer half of the potatoes, then half of the green beans, and then half of the hamburger sauce.
- Sprinkle on the cheese and bake at 375 for 45 minutes.
This was delicious and very easy to make! My whole family really enjoyed it. They wanted a 3rd helping but there wasn't anymore left. LOL I will be making this again. It was great with the string beans but I think I will try some other veggies next time like peas and carrots or corn. Thank you Diggy ; )
I made this exactly as written except I used fresh green beans and parboiled the potatoes. I thought it was a little bland but I will make it again. Next time I will add some beef base or a bouillon cube. Garlic, red pepper flakes, tarragon or dill would be nice additions.
Outstanding! I made this for my boyfriend, and I was a bit worried because we usually have things like Ribeye steaks, fresh fish in season, ribs, whatever with side dishes.... this is more like a casserole, so I wasn't sure what his response would be - he LOVED it, couldn't stop raving, even said he would rather eat this than a ribeye steak! He thinks I am amazing! They are so easy to impress!!!