Recipe by ~*Miss Diggy*~
This creamy shepherds pie is delicious. My hubby loves it and calls it gourmet shepherds pie. Wonderful on a cold day!
Top Review by RecipeNut
This was delicious and very easy to make! My whole family really enjoyed it. They wanted a 3rd helping but there wasn't anymore left. LOL I will be making this again. It was great with the string beans but I think I will try some other veggies next time like peas and carrots or corn. Thank you Diggy ; )
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 large potato, sliced thinly
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can green beans (use 1-2 cans)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown hamburger with onion.
- Add cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, salt, pepper, mustard powder, and milk.
- Let simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Then in a 2 qt casserole dish layer half of the potatoes, then half of the green beans, and then half of the hamburger sauce.
- Sprinkle on the cheese and bake at 375 for 45 minutes.