Recipe by mrsbbrown
The best pasta salad I've had! My mother-in-law's recipe, improved! This is always a hit when I have company over. It definitely tastes better the next day, and keeps well in the fridge! I vary the types of peppers I put in it (orange, yellow, red all add nice colors). I also use different cheeses, my favorite is smoked mozzarella.
- 2 cups uncooked small shell pasta
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 1 cup cubed cheese
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup relish, sweet or 1⁄4 cup dill
- 1 1⁄2 cups Miracle Whip
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- First cook, drain, and cool the shells.
- Add ham, cheese, peppers, celery, onion, and relish.
- In a 2 cup measure, combine Miracle Whip, mustard, salt and milk (fill with milk to 2 cup line).
- Whisk dressing ingredients and pour over pasta mix.
- Chill and refrigerate. For best taste let set for at least 4 hours.