Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
A delicious creamy soup that will fill you up :P
- 4 cups water
- 6 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3 to 4 pieces
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 4 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 2 cups medium pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- ground nutmeg
- chopped fresh parsley
- Simmer water, chicken, diced onions, celery, minced parsley, bay leaf, salt and pepper in Dutch oven until chicken is tender. Remove bay leaf; discard. Remove chicken; cool. Cut into small cubes; set aside.
- Add potatoes, green onions, bouillon cubes, seasoned salt and poultry seasoning to broth. Simmer 15 minutes. Add milk, macaroni, and chicken; return to simmer.
- Melt butter in skillet over med heat. Add flour, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to brown. Add to soup; blend well. Let soup simmer on very low heat 20 minutes to blend flavors. Season to taste. Garnish with nutmeg and chopped parsley.
Great comfort food! I really enjoyed this. Update: it does not freeze well; potatoes go to mush.