Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this on the Taste of Home website where Katie Sloan of Charlotte, NC submitted her recipe inspired by her love of lasagna, pasta shells and seafood.
- 24 jumbo pasta shells, uncooked
- 14.79 ml green pepper, finely chopped
- 14.79 ml red onion, chopped
- 4.92 ml butter, divided
- 59.14 ml butter, divided
- 2 (340.19 g) can lump crabmeat, drained
- 141.74 g package baby shrimp, frozen cooked thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 118.29 ml part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 59.14 ml mayonnaise
- 29.58 ml 2% low-fat milk, divided
- 946.36 ml 2% low-fat milk, divided
- 7.39 ml seafood seasoning, divided
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 1.23 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 354.88 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute green pepper and onion in 1 teaspoon butter until tender; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the crab, shrimp, egg, mozzarella cheese, mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons milk, 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning, pepper and green pepper mixture.
- Drain and rinse pasta; stuff each shell with 1 rounded tablespoon of seafood mixture. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour and coarsely ground pepper; gradually whisk in remaining milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Pour over stuffed shells. Sprinkle with remaining seafood seasoning. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.