Claudia Dawn's Note:
I found this on the Taste of Home website where Katie Sloan of Charlotte, NC submitted her recipe inspired by her love of lasagna, pasta shells and seafood.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 jumbo pasta shells, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon butter, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 2 (6 ounce) cans lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 (5 ounce) package baby shrimp, frozen cooked thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons 2% low-fat milk, divided
- 4 cups 2% low-fat milk, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seafood seasoning, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute green pepper and onion in 1 teaspoon butter until tender; set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the crab, shrimp, egg, mozzarella cheese, mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons milk, 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning, pepper and green pepper mixture.
- 3Drain and rinse pasta; stuff each shell with 1 rounded tablespoon of seafood mixture. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 4In a small saucepan, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour and coarsely ground pepper; gradually whisk in remaining milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- 5Pour over stuffed shells. Sprinkle with remaining seafood seasoning. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Seafood Stuffed Shells
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.5
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 146.9 mg
- Sodium 878.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 29.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
jumbo pasta shells