Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A wonderfully creamy soup with 3 different types of seafood. Great on a cold winter's night.
Make and share this Creamy Seafood Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb medium raw shrimp, tails removed
- 1⁄2 lb bay scallop
- 1⁄2 lb imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup celery, sliced thin
- 1 cup carrot, julienned
- 1 cup leek, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- In a dutch oven, saute shrimp and scallops in 1T of butter until shrimp turns pink. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute veggies with the other 1T of butter until tender.
- Sprinkle veggies with flour and stir until blended.
- Gradually stir in remaining ingredients except for seafood.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat stirring frequently then cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add cooked shrimp and scallops to pan along with the flaked imitation crab and cook until heated.