Prep 3 mins
Cook 4 mins
This quick, easy sauce is excellent with your favorite cooked seafood. I use leftover shrimp, scallops, lobster, or a combination of these. Also good with sautéed chicken bites. Sometimes I spoon it on fat slices of french bread, sometimes I put it over pasta. A staple in our house, very versatile!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3⁄4 cup tomato juice
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- Melt butter and sauté the shallots.
- Stir in flour, add tomato juice and milk, stirring quickly.
- Bring to a boil, still stirring, then simmer for 1 minute.
- Stir in sherry and cream.
Very good! I will definietly make it again and again. Next time I think I will add a little garlic to it and some cornstarch to it to thicken just a tad bit more. I cooked this with crawfish (frozn pack ) and doubled the sauce recipe. Served it over linguini and sprinkled parmesan cheese on it! Didn't forget to dip my french bread in it! Very good!