1/2 Photos of Creamy Seafood Pasta Salad
Diana #2's Note:
"Salad Envy": That's what they'll have when you show up at the next potluck with this creamy, colourful and delicious offering. You can tell them it's low in calories too, but they probably won't believe you. :wink: Substitute the shrimp with salmon, tuna or lobster for a different taste experience. Note: After several hours of chilling, the pasta will absorb some of the dressing. To return it to a creamier consistency, simply add one or two tablespoons of salad dressing. Cooking time does not include time for refrigeration. Created for the Craze-E Salad Contest.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups shell pasta, small
- 1 cup small baby shrimp, precooked frozen
- 3/4 cup fat-free salad dressing, I prefer the Miracle Whip brand
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 1 zucchini, 6 - 7-inch long, diced (green or yellow)
- 5 red radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup vidalia onion, diced
- 1 head lettuce, leaves
- 1Cook pasta until al-dente. Drain then rinse in cold water. Allow to drain.
- 2Rinse frozen shrimp under cold running water. Drain, wrap in paper towels and set aside.
- 3In a small bowl, combine salad dressing, tabasco sauce, chives, salt, pepper, lemon juice and zest.
- 4In a large bowl, mix together pasta, frozen peas, zucchini, radishes, onions and dressing mixture.
- 5Gently toss in the shrimp. Refrigerate for 1 to 12 hours.
- 6To serve, line a serving bowl or platter with lettuce leaves. Top with the salad mixture. Garnish, if desired, with rows of radish slices, chopped chives and/or shrimp.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Seafood Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 114.9
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 186.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free salad dressing
lemons, zest of