Recipe by Tmisen2980
This recipe came from the Pillsbury website. It was a from a Bake Off Contest back in 2004. I have tweaked it a bit to suit our taste as the original was a little bland for us.
- 16 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) canprogresso traditional New England clam chowder
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, deveined, shelled, tails removed (I use the bagged shrimp from Sams)
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 -2 teaspoon tony's creole seasoning (or spicy seasoning of your choice)
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- tomatoes, diced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, place clam chowder, milk, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and the garlic. Blend on medium until smooth. Set aside.
- In a 5 to 6 quart dutch oven, cook pasta until aldente. Drain well.
- As the pasta drains, add oil and butter to pan and add onions and mushrooms. Cook for about 2 minutes. Add shrimp and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently until shrimp turns pink.
- Stir in all of the seasonings, except the parsley, to taste (as I said, we like it spicy so adjust to suit your family) and add soup mixture and pasta.
- Heat thoroughly, stir in parsley.
- Serve topped with extra cheese and tomatoes if desired.