This recipe came from the Pillsbury website. It was a from a Bake Off Contest back in 2004. I have tweaked it a bit to suit our taste as the original was a little bland for us.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) can progresso traditional New England clam chowder
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 lbs shrimp, deveined, shelled, tails removed (I use the bagged shrimp from Sams)
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 -2 teaspoon tony's creole seasoning (or spicy seasoning of your choice)
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- tomato, diced (optional)
- 1In a blender, place clam chowder, milk, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and the garlic. Blend on medium until smooth. Set aside.
- 2In a 5 to 6 quart dutch oven, cook pasta until aldente. Drain well.
- 3As the pasta drains, add oil and butter to pan and add onions and mushrooms. Cook for about 2 minutes. Add shrimp and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently until shrimp turns pink.
- 4Stir in all of the seasonings, except the parsley, to taste (as I said, we like it spicy so adjust to suit your family) and add soup mixture and pasta.
- 5Heat thoroughly, stir in parsley.
- 6Serve topped with extra cheese and tomatoes if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Seafood Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (407 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 889.9
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 363.7 mg
- Sodium 1606.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 105.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 65.1 g