Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Uses no-boil lasagna noodles. Sometimes I use 10 oz chopped broccoli in place of the spinach. Great either way!
- 1 (8 ounce) box no-boil lasagna noodles
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, DIVIDED USE
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill
- 1 (15 ounce) carton part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup chopped scallion, reserve dark green tops
- 1 (10 ounce) boxchopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry, can use chopped broccoli
- 16 ounces small cooked baby shrimp, thawed if frozen
- 8 ounces cooked bay scallops, thawed if frozen
- Preheat oven to 350. Have a rectangular lasagna pan handy.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and add garlic.
- Stir in flour and cook until smooth.
- Gradually whisk in the milk until smooth.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese and ONLY 1 CUP of the mozzarella. Add dill. Stir until melted, smooth and thickened. SET ASIDE 1 CUP OF THIS SAUCE TO POUR OVER TOP OF FINISHED LASAGNA.
- In a small bowl, beat together ricotta, egg, salt, scallion and spinach (or broccoli).
- In a separate small bowl, toss together the shrimp and scallops.
- Spread a thin layer of the cheese sauce on the bottom of the lasagna pan.
- Place 3 lasagna noodles across the bottom.
- Spread 1/3 of the ricotta/spinach mixture over noodles.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the shrimp/scallop combo over top.
- Spread 1/3 cheese sauce over that.
- Repeat these layers two more times.
- End with the last 3 lasagna noodles.
- Evenly top with the reserved 1 cup of cheese sauce and the remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle chopped dark green parts of scallions over top; if desired.
- Cover with non-stick foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest for at least 20 minutes before cutting to serve.
This is a fantastic recipe! Thank you for posting it. I followed it exactly, except I used lite cream. Everyone, including our 4 year old (!) gobbled it up. Served with a salad.