Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not tried this yet but plan to start eating more seafood dishes because I read somewhere it was healthier than red meat. This sounds really good. Use larger sea scallops when making this recipe, not tiny bay ones, because they'll stay juicier.
- 12 ounces large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 ounces large scallops, patted dry
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces mushrooms, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup chpped shallot
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- Position broiler rack so that top of baking dish will be 5" from heat source. Coat 1 1/2 quart baking dish with cooking spray. Toss seafood, tarragon, salt and pepper.
- In nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Add seafood. cook, stirring often, until opaque, 4-5 minutes. Remove from skillet. To skillet, add mushrooms and shallots; cook, stirring, until tender, 4-5 minutes. Add sherry; boil 1 minute.
- Whisk flour into half and half; add to skillet. Bring to a boil. Boil 1 minute.
- Stir in 1 cup cheese and seafood mixture. Transfer to baking dish; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Broil until cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes.