Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Heavy Cream Sauce served with Halibut & King Crab. This is a blending of two of our more popular dishes. Halibut Chowder and Farfalle pasta. It was suggested by a customer who liked both preparations nd suggested thsi as a third
- 1 1⁄2 lbs halibut fillets
- 1 king crab leg
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 ounces marsala wine
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1⁄3 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 pinch garam masala
- 8 ounces farfalle pasta
- 1. In a stockpot, heat the oil ans add garlic, rosemary and tyme. Heat until bubbles form around garlic.
- 2. Layer onion, celery, bell peppers, cook untill they sweat and release their aromas.
- 3. Add the stock and heat just to the convection point. Add the halibut and let come to gentle convection point.
- 4. When fish is cooked, heavy cream and marsala, returning to a gentle convectionb, stirroing occaissionl7.
- 5. Add heavy cream and marsala wine.
- 6. Add the cornstarch slurry, stiring gently.
- 7. Stiring gentlery Keep stiring until the chowder is thict and creamy.
- 8. Salt & Pepper to taste.
- 9. Serve over Farfalle Pasta Sprinkle each serving with dash of garam masala.