Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was posted in answer to a message board request for a "white" seafood chowder.
Make and share this Creamy Seafood Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 quart fish stock
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1⁄2 lb firm white-fleshed fish fillet, cut into small cubes
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, peeled & cleaned (chopped if desired)
- 1⁄2 lb bay scallop
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 2 cups heavy cream
- fresh parsley or chives, chopped (for garnish) (optional)
- Place the red peppers and garlic in a mini or regular processor.
- Process until pureed.
- Bring the broth and potatoes to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium and cook until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the fish, shrimp and scallops.
- Cook until fish is done (the shrimp will turn pink), about 5 minutes.
- Add the pureed pepper and garlic, the sherry and the cream.
- Continue to cook just until hot; do not boil.
- Taste for seasoning and serve immediately.
- If desired, garnish with chopped fresh parsley or chives.