Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
You can reduce the amount of shrimp to 1/2 a pound, but I LOVE shrimp!
Make and share this Creamy Seafood Casserole (Low Carb) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 lb fish, cut in bite size pieces
- 1 lb shrimp
- Heat cream in a saucepan, but do not boil.
- Add all other ingredients, except for fish and shrimp.
- Melt thoroughly.
- Put fish in a 9x13-inch baking dish and then shrimp.
- Pour sauce over top and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes, or until done.
i halved the recipe and just used shrimp. very nice quick dinner
I liked this recipe but I did change some things: I added immitation crab meat in addition to the shrimp and tilapia. I added garlic while cooking the shrimp and to the sauce. I cut down on the worchestershire sauce and heavy cream per other reviewers' suggestions. Lastly, I topped the casserole with extra parmesan cheese, extra cheddar cheese and chopped scallions.
I'm glad I added the garlic because I think it really pulled the dish together. It was definitely runny but we mopped it up with some french bread...so good!
One complaint about the recipe itself; it didn't specify whether the fish and shrimp should be cooked prior to adding to the casserole and, for a novice cook like me, that would've been helpful (luckily I guessed correctly that the shrimp and fish should be fully cooked beforehand).
Thanks a lot for posting!
Very good! My sauce divided into a watery portion on the bottom and thicker on top. Tasted really good. I used 1 pound tilapia, 1/2 pound shrimp, and 1/2 pound scallops.
I didn't have heavy cream so looked up a way to make heavy cream out of milk and butter.
Thank you for posting.