1 hr 15 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
Rich and flavorful with shrimp and scallops. Served with rice. This dish will wow your guests when you entertain. From Southern Living.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley sprig
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb bay scallop
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 (7 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- steamed rice
- 1In a large pot, place wine, onion, parsley, 1 tbsp of the butter, and the salt.
- 2Bring to a boil.
- 3Add seafood and cook until shrimp turn pink, about 3 minutes.
- 4Drain shrimp, and reserve 2/3 cup of broth.
- 5Place remaining butter in pan and add flour and cook 1 minute, stirring.
- 6Add half and half gradually, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- 7Add Swiss and stir until cheese melts.
- 8Add lemon juice and lemon-pepper seasoning to reserved broth and stir into sauce gradually.
- 9Add shrimp and mushrooms to pan.
- 10Place mixture into a large buttered casserole dish.
- 11Cover with foil or a lid and bake at 350°F for 40 minutes.
- 12Mix breadcrumbs with melted butter, Parmesan and almonds.
- 13Sprinkle mixture evenly over the casserole and bake 10 minutes more.
- 14Allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.
- 15Serve with steamed rice.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Seafood Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.0
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 191.7 mg
- Sodium 686.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 33.2 g