1/1 Photo of Creamy Seafood a La King
The Spice Guru's Note:
My recipe for seafood a la King can be served as a chowder, over basmati rice, in puff pastries, or simply over toasted English muffins. Any way you serve it, it is delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 1 (10 ounce) can baby clams, in juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1 (24 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1 (15 -16 ounce) jar traditional alfredo sauce
- 3 tablespoons snipped green onions
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup minced red pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 8 ounces cooked shelled deli shrimp
- 8 ounces cooked chunked imitation crabmeat
- 1INTO a 4-quart pot, add 2 medium bay leaves, 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice, the strained juice from 1 (10 ounce) can baby clams in juice (reserve clams and set aside), and 1 (15 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth.
- 2ADD 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion (and if desired, a few pre-cooked bacon crumbles); BRING to a boil.
- 3REDUCE heat to medium; COVER.
- 4COOK for 7 minutes, or until potatoes are firm-tender.
- 5UNCOVER; ADD 1 (24 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes and 1 (15-16 ounce) jar traditional Alfredo sauce; MIX well.
- 6REDUCE heat to medium-low; STIR in reserved clams, 3 tablespoons snipped green onions, 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, and 1/2 cup canned coconut milk.
- 7POUR 2 cups whole milk into a medium bowl; WHISK 1/4 cup flour gradually into milk, blending well; STIR slurry into pot slowly, while stirring rigorously.
- 8ADD 1/4 cup frozen peas, 1/4 cup minced red peppers, 2 tablespoons minced cilantro, and 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning; SIMMER uncovered, stirring as needed, up to 30 minutes, or to desired consistency.
- 9STIR in 8 ounces pre-cooked deli shrimp; FOLD in 8 ounces cooked chunked imitation crabmeat carefully without breaking up meat; HEAT then carefully fold again; REMOVE bay leaves.
- 10SERVE warm as a chowder, in pre-baked puff pastry shells, over steamed basmati rice, or over toasted English muffins; GARNISH with fresh cilantro or fresh dill sprigs and/or dill weed; ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Seafood a La King
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.5
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 78.1 mg
- Sodium 1038.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 21.1 g
- Protein 20.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
Old Bay Seasoning