1/3 Photos of Creamy Scrumptious Scallops
Creamy luscious scallops as an appetizer or even over pasta, garnished with fresh strawberry. (adapted from "Recipes from the road")
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt half of the butter in a medium frying pan , cook and turn the scallops for 4 minutes or until they are opaque and still soft and tender; transfer the scallops to a plate and set aside until the sauce is prepared.
- 2In the same frying pan melt the other half of the butter; as the butter melts add the cheese spread and mustard, whisk until smooth for about 2 minutes.
- 3Add the whipping cream; stir and bring to a boil, stir in the wine until combined and smooth, about 3 minutes.
- 4Return the cooked scallops to the pan, stir just until the scallops are warmed, about 2 minutes and then immediately remove the pan from the heat; do not overcook or the scallops will become rubbery.
- 5Place the scallops on three scallop shaped dishes or on small plates lined with lettuce. Sprinkle the crumbled blue cheese around the scallops; pour the cream sauce over the scallops.
- 6Slice the strawberries partly through leaving the green top to hold the slices together, Garnish with the sliced strawberry.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Scrumptious Scallops
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.0
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 61.7 mg
- Sodium 228.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 9.7 g