Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simple and good from Prevention Magazine.
- 6 ounces turkey sausage, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 8 large eggs
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Warm large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add sausage, and cook until heated through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, break eggs into a bowl, and beat lightly with a fork.
- Stir in scallions, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce.
- Melt butter in the skillet with the sausage over medium-low heat.
- Pour in eggs.
- Cook, stirring almost continuously, until eggs are set but still soft and creamy, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Serve hot.
We really enjoyed these tasty savory scrambled eggs. They have so much flavor and a wonderful texture. Rich, flavorful and creamy. I love the blend of sausage, onion, egg and hot sauce. Thanks so much for sharing another winner. Made FYC Tag Game.
This was great! I should have added more hot sauce when I was mixing the eggs. I did add more hot sauce after it was made, and it was delicious...next time, I will add it while stirring the eggs...I will add more hot sauce
DD14 and I had this for a mom-daughter Sunday breakfast. It was wonderful! A nice variation on scrambled eggs. Made for Photo Tag, March 2008.