Recipe by threeovens
These eggs get their creaminess from butter. They are more for a brunch or dinner or a special breakfast than for every day.
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 teaspoon mixed herbs, minced and divided (a mixture of fresh tarragon, parsley, chives and chervil)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small cubes and divided
- 4 slices baguette (hot toasted and buttered)
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, herbs, and salt; stir in 1 tablespoon of the butter.
- Heat a small skillet over medium low heat; add egg mixture and cook, while stirring, so that the eggs do not set too fast.
- The eggs will begin to set and form a creamy sauce; add in the remaining butter, one piece at a time, continuing to stir.
- Arrange the toasts on serving plates.
- Once the eggs set (they will still be creamy, but firm) spoon them over the toast, season with pepper and the remaining herbs, and serve immediately.