Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These eggs get their creaminess from butter. They are more for a brunch or dinner or a special breakfast than for every day.
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 teaspoon mixed herbs, minced and divided (a mixture of fresh tarragon, parsley, chives and chervil)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small cubes and divided
- 4 slices baguette (hot toasted and buttered)
- fresh ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, herbs, and salt; stir in 1 tablespoon of the butter.
- Heat a small skillet over medium low heat; add egg mixture and cook, while stirring, so that the eggs do not set too fast.
- The eggs will begin to set and form a creamy sauce; add in the remaining butter, one piece at a time, continuing to stir.
- Arrange the toasts on serving plates.
- Once the eggs set (they will still be creamy, but firm) spoon them over the toast, season with pepper and the remaining herbs, and serve immediately.
Very good with thin buns toasted and a little bacon on top of the eggs. Will add more herbs next time but great breakfast.
Terrific scrambled eggs! I used parsley, tarragon and chives. They had such a creamy texture and the flavor of the fresh herbs really stood out. Great breakfast. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT 8.
Yum! I loved the creaminess of the eggs. I have never done eggs with adding butter like that, but will definitely do so in the future! The combination of herbs was perfect and made the eggs very flavorful. Made for ZWT8 France. Merci!