Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I've been struggling with my weight since i was a lil kid so i've tried hundreds of things and i haven't found a diet that i can keep up with except for the Atkins diet, which gave me great great results. I found this recipe in the Atkins Meal Planner and it's delicious and soooo easy to make. The smoked salmon, the green onions and the dill will give your breakfast a whole new dimension. Enjoy! :)
- 8 eggs
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces smoked salmon, thinly sliced and cut into strips
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, cream. dill and salt.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add green onions; cook 8 minutes, until softened.
- Pour in egg mixture; cook 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until almost set.
- Mix in salmon, cook 1 more minute more or until eggs reach desire doneness.
- Serve and enjoy!
Scaled this back for 2 and served with wholemeal/wholegrain toast and the DM and I absolutely loved it and it was very filling. I did have to use dry dill but otherwise stuck to the recipe. Thank you Choco lover, made for Healthy Choices Tag game.
What an exciting take on the good old scrambled eggs. These taste special but are so simple to make. I cut some fat by using fat free half and half and reduced the butter to 2 tbsp. It was awesome. Thanx for sharing!