Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
My daughter in law from France made this egg dish for me and it is so good. Simple and quick to prepare.
- Cook bacon pieces in skillet until crisp.
- Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Remove bacon grease from skillet, wash and dry pan and return to heat.
- Scramble eggs and add half and half and mix well.
- Add butter to heated pan and add egg mixture.
- Let the eggs set a bit and then sprinkle bacon over.
- Stir eggs until soft set or until they are done to your liking.
- Note: I sometimes also add small diced cubes of cheese when I add the eggs to the pan. Then proceed with recipe.
WOW! Such a simple recipe but so delish. I used Barefoot Contessa's Oven Roasted Bacon for the bacon, which worked like a charm so I didn't have to dirty two pans. ;) DH never likes scrambled eggs, but he LOVED these! I used fat free half & half and cooking spray instead of butter. It's a keeper!
This made a nice breakfast for DH and me. I used an egg substitute for the eggs and reduced the amount of butter. Instead of adding cheese to the eggs, I topped it off with some freshly grated Parmesan. This was served with fresh fruit and Honeymoon Sourdoughs Honeymoon Sourdough Biscuits by Jellyqueen.