Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Fabulous for brunch or a special breakfast. For light and fluffy scrambled eggs, add a little water when you whisk them.
- 10 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 29.58 ml butter
- 85.04 g cream cheese, cubed
- 78.07 ml shopped fresh chives
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Whisk eggs, salt and pepper until blended.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over low heat.
- Pour egg mixture in the skillet.
- Cook over low heat just until the eggs begin to set.
- Add cream cheese to the eggs.
- Cook until eggs are the desired degree of doneness and the cream cheese melts, stirring gently.
- Sprinkle with the chives and parsley.
- Serve immediately.
What a treat! Eons ago, a roommate made eggs like this and I loved them. Over the years I had forgotten about this method and really glad to re-discover it. I made this for two and served with some gluten-free bread and used Neufchâtel for fewer calories and fat. Thanks for this easy to make keeper!
Simple easy, tasty recipe. I didn't use any butter and used lite cream cheese. I cut the recipe to 2 eggs. Served with Mackeral in tomato sauce & toast - Lovely brunch thanks loves2Cook